There are few more gratifying experiences than being out on the open sea fishing off the Hawaiian islands. If you would like to enjoy this for yourself, here are a few tips to help you.
1. You need to select your boat carefully. Think about what kind of fishing you will be doing and how many people will be on board. This way you will ensure that your boat is exactly what you need for your trip.
2. Make sure that you pick a Hawaiian Island that meets your fishing preferences. If you are planning a brief trip, choose an island that has deep water nearby.
3. Do you need to take your own tackle, bait, water and ice? If so make sure you have these items before setting out to sea.
4. Wear clothes that are suitable for the trip. Since it will be hot, you need to wear shorts and a T-shirt-shirt. It may also be advisable to take some extra clothes in case you get wet.
5. Take a hat to protect your head and provide shade from the beating sun. A peaked cap is useful for this.
6. Pack sunglasses that are polarized. This will help you to see the fish in the water and protect your eyes from the glare of the sun.
7. Wear suitable footwear. The best kind of shoes to wear on board are boating shoes. They have a closed toe and will give your feet a better "grip" on the boat surface.
8. Take plenty of snacks and drinks with you. It is best to bring canned drinks, as they are safer than glass bottles. It is also wise to take food that will not spoil in the sun if you do not have adequate refrigeration on board.
9. If you are prone to seasickness, remember your medication.
10. Do your best to get a great night of sleep before a fishing trip to feel fully rested. The sun itself will tend to wear you down over hours.
11. Don't forget the sunscreen! This point cannot be stressed enough. Sun rays at sea are dangerous, and you must have protection. Make sure your sunscreen is SPF 30 or higher.
12. The evening before the trip eat a full meal. Only have a light breakfast on the morning of the trip.
13. Plan ahead of time how you intend to get to the harbor on the day of your trip. Coordinate a ride with a cab or rent a vehicle in advance.
Adhering to these basic tips you will enhance your Hawaii fishing trip fun.
Hawaii Travel. In a word or two It will be a fun time when I make my trip out to Hawaii for a vacation. Hawaii can be thought of as a destination but I tend to think of it as a fantasy dream. For years I have been seeing commercials and print about the beautiful islands. But what could I do with no money? not much. Well I finally saved up enough money to make my Hawaii travel a real Hawaiian vacation and I will be traveling first class. What a way to start a vacation, flying first class in a double-hulled 757. I think I will be able to wear my high heels considering how much leg room is available in first class. What to do? Where to visit? What sites to see? What activities to participate? These are all apart of the complicated decisions that stress a newbie traveler such as myself.
The Hawaiian Islands boast over 100 islands that provide the tourist with sports, relaxation options, and a new outlook on life. So, a Hawaii cruise vacation can be considered to be a dream cruise where you will be pampered from dawn to dusk with the hospitability of the Hawaiian people. With its tropical latitude, the Hawaii cruise vacation tends to take you to a heavenly state. The eastern part of Hawaii has more of rainfall, while the western part is more of a dry land. However, there is snow in some areas of the Big Island where the localities love skiing and snowboarding.